Have tiny pimple like bump slightly above temple. Popped and started bleeding. How to heal this?

My 1 year old son had a tiny pimple like bump slightly above his temple. It suddenly popped on it's own and starting gushing blood. I applied pressure then a band aid and it stopped. A couple days later I removed the band aid and it had formed a little scan but seemed to be filling with blood again. Then today he accidentally swiped his head with his hand nit even hard and it burst again and starting bleeding steadily. So again I cleaned it off, applied pressure and band aid. How do I heal this thing for good?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
I will be glad to be of assistance.
Could you please post a picture here of the lesion. You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.
That would help me find out what the problem is and assist you better
Follow-up: Have tiny pimple like bump slightly above temple. Popped and started bleeding. How to heal this? 3 days later
please look at the pictures and give me some advice as to how I can heal this blood filled pimple on my son.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Kruti 35 minutes later
Thanks for the pictures.
He most likely had a pimple like lesion called pyoderma which he scratched and hence is bleeding.
Pyoderma is a bacterial infection of the skin.
I would recommend application of bactroban cream twice a day on the lesion for a week.
In case it doesn't improve then a sort course of oral antibiotic might be needed.
You will need a prescription from your GP for bactroban cream.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern.