Have tiny bumps on inside of fingers and sensitive to light rubbing. What could it be?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have 1-2 tiny bumps (they look and feel like flea bites) mostly on the inside of my middle, ring and pinky fingers. They are sensitive to light rubbing but not necessarily touch. They are not itchy or irritating when resting. I know they aren't flea bites as the dogs don't have fleas (have been bathed recently, vacuumed house, washed clothing/bedding), and no issues with fleas. They do seem to come and go but I really can't attribute any specific condition that brings them out (weather doesn't seem to be an issue, not using any new products, stress level hasn't changed). thank you
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Small tender bumps on palms of hands Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query. I have gone through your query and have carefully observed the image of your hand you have uploaded. I am suspecting a condition called as dyshidrosis which usually presents with small tender bumps on palms of hands. They are usually seen on on the sides of fingers and palms. Cause of this condition is not known but some studies associate this with allergic reactions as they are seasonal in some patients. This condition is common in persons with increased stress levels, persons with sensitive skin, persons with exposure to certain metals like nickel, cobalt. These bumps reduce by themselves and no treatment is required. But if they are getting very itchy and interfering with your routine then you need to get in touch with a doctor for prescription of an anti allergic medication and steroid cream for application over them. The only way to prevent them would be decrease your stress levels, do not expose your hands to any dust or metal. Use a good moisturizer to keep your hands moist. I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily. Thanks.