Have tiny birthmark on head and had headache on the same spot. Could it be related?

Dec 2012

About a year ago I had headache for couple of days where head really tender could not wear hat. Then one side of my hair was thick with grease for three to four days . Then all was well. Since then it has left tiny part of head sore to touch but not all the time. I have tiny birthmark in that area could it be connected
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 34 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX
I am pleased to be able to assist you answer your health query,
It sounds to me like the presentation you had about 1 year ago was a local infection around the head that lead to you having headache. A skin infection of the scalp alone can cause you headache (infection could be viral or bacterial or fungi, well can not tell exactly which caused it). The soreness of that part is probably due to nerve damage after the infection (hence causing neuralgic type pain or soreness).
Now to answer your question, if the birthmark you are describing is effectively one, then it is not connected. A birthmark can not be responsible for any diseases condition (since it is but part and parcel of your skin and simply just a zone of hyper/hypopigmentation).
If soreness becomes problematic, I recommend you see a doctor for that.

Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard