Have tinkling noises in ears and head and it gets louder when eat or chew. What can it be?

ENT Specialist
I have tinkling noises in my ears and head and it gets louder when I eat and chew. What can it be?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later

There are many reasons for tingling noises.

You need to rule out---
Ear wax--if its there get it removed
Retracted drum --- may be you had upper decongestant tablets.
Hearing loss--- your age is 58 yrs. If you have hearing loss due to age factor then such abnormal voices may be heard. You will need a hearing aid in that case.

You must see an ENT specialist and get an MRI scan of brain and a Pure tone audiometery done.(hearing test). If required impedance audiometry to see if there is retracted drum or fluid behind ears.

Till then you can do steam inhalations.

Get well soon.

If in doubt do reply.