Have tingling sensation in upper left abdomen below rib cage. Worrisome

I have tingling in upper left abdomen just below ribcage. No pain. started a few days ago. I'm 58 years old. Had sigmoidoscopy years ago but no colonscopy yet
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
the tingling at the lower edge pf the rib cage can be due to local cause like a tinea.
It may be a harbinger of shingles(Herpes Zoster) also, Rarely diabetic neuropathy can present like that.
It is worthwhile that you get examined by a local physician to ascertain which of the three possibilities is troubling you.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Have tingling sensation in upper left abdomen below rib cage. Worrisome 22 hours later
Is there a reasonable possibility of this being something more serious like pancreatic cancer or an adenocarcinoma?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 hours later
Welcome back.
There is no possibility of it's being a malignancy.
Malignancy do not have apparent symptoms like that and particularly in that site.
Hope I have answered the query to your satisfaction.