Have tingling and cramps in hands and legs, difficulty sleeping. X-ray shows pressed nerve in neck. Cure?

Nov 2013

My Friends Wife aged 34 having 2 Kids residing in Central India ,She is having severe tingle & cramp pain in her hands & Legs followed by sleepness Nights .
We have consulted an ortho ,Neuro as well as MD Medicine .
Blood Reports that B3 & D12 are less ,x-ray Reports that one of her nerve on her back of Neck is pressed by some bone.
Sonography and Ct scan as told by doctors are normal.

Md Medicine has advised that she is having Fear ,Tension or Frustration ,he has suggested Medicines for pain ,sleep & Antibiotic
Orthopedic has continued the same medicine as adviced by MD and suggested some neck Exercise .

Whereas the Neuro has diagonised that she is having Migraine Problems as has asked to discontinue all earlier medicines and has adviced medicinal treatment for migraine.

Having done all these ,still no cure for the problem.

We would request your advice as what could be the possible reason behind the said problem and how to proceed further as we are really confused .

Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

Even though it is difficult to come to a final diagnosis, without examining the patient, in this case, I have to agree with the initial doctors.

She does not have symptoms of migraine, and her symptoms are more like anxiety and vitamin deficiencies.

She would benefit from vitamin supplements, such as METHYCOBAL for vitamin B12 and TAYO for vitamin D.

For anxiety, she may benefit from CLONAZEPAM.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: