Have tightness in throat, swollen tongue and pain in ribs. What should be done to get relief?

Spine Surgeon
hi my 30 year old son has been constantly ill with lots of muscle problems he gets lots of spasm in the ribs and now tightness in the throat and swollen tongue
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later

I will be able to attend your concern better if you can give me more detailed account of his problem. You could also answer the following questions:

Does he have cough...breathlessness...allergy...rashes??
Does he have hiccups?
Is he running fever?
Does he complain of difficulties/pain while swallowing?
Has he been to a doctor?
Any medications that he is consuming?

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Have tightness in throat, swollen tongue and pain in ribs. What should be done to get relief? 5 hours later
the tightness has moved to his chest he has seen a doctor they think its stress he sometimes gets zapps in his head but they mentioned a muscle disease that starts with a t
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 29 hours later
Thank you for reverting.
As he has only tightness and no associated symptoms, he may benefit from active aerobic or breathing exercise to relieve the chest tightness.
Going into a regular exercise program would definitely help his muscle disease as well.
Stress does play a role in muscle problems, it is very important to understand, and probably you may consider consulting a behavioral medicine consultant as well.
Thank you