Have tightness in neck veins and tingling. Can see blood pumping through neck veins. Taking calcium D-glucarate. Related?

I have tightness in my neck veins and a tingling. I can see the blood pumping through my neck veins on the side of my neck. What is causing this? I am taking my meds to time as always. Could it be other supplements affecting me this way. eg. zinc, Calcium D-glucarate, I also take some natural stuff to control my hot flashes, and an aspirin every other day
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical review, chest x XXXXXXX and cardiac ultrasou

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to note if the veins are distended or note. Distended neck veins could indicate heart failure.

I will love to know if you experience any symptoms like breathlessness, swelling of lower limbs or night or early morning coughing.

I will suggest a chest X XXXXXXX and a cardiac ultrasound, to exclude the commonest cause of these "pumping veins", which most of the time is of cardiac origin. In some people however, these veins a visibly vibrating, but really have no associated health abnormality. If you have not been used to observing, this might seem abnormal.

I suggest you get a complete clinical review, past medical and family history, a chest X XXXXXXX and a cardiac ultrasound to exclude any serious heart condition. Psychological state and anemia should be carefully considered too.

Book an appointment with a cardiologist.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bain LE, MD