Ask a Dentist   »  

Have tight cheek muscle, facing difficulty to take spicy or hot food. Will it be cured by lycored tablet?

Due to chewing of paan masala for several years, my muscles got tight. I consulted a physician last month & gave up the habit. I am taking medicine called XXXXXXX LYCO RED" capsules ( prescribed 120 capsules ). Will this make the situation better ? At present the problems which i am facing is that i can't take spicy & hot foods, also peppermint like substance creates tinkling sensation on the walls of the mouth !
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I need certain informations from you in order to reply you properly.
Can you open your mouth completely or there is difficulty in opening it?
Are there any ulcers in the mouth or it is simply sore ?
Have you consulted a ENT specialist?
Waiting for your reply?
Follow-up: Have tight cheek muscle, facing difficulty to take spicy or hot food. Will it be cured by lycored tablet? 2 hours later
At present I donot have have any problem to open my mouth, but there has been a minor decrease in size of mouth. I consulted a dentist immediately, & he prescribed me the same as quoted in my last msg. In my mouth, there is no ulcers but a lil bit of sore on both sides of the wall of the mouth.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
You have very early stage of submucosal fibrosis.If the disease is detected at a very early stage,cessation of the habit proves to be very effective.
Although LYCORED is a very good anti oxidant,there are other things to do also.
Treatment includes:
Abstention from chewing areca nut (also known as betel nut),tobacco and pan masala.
Minimizing consumption of spicy foods, including chiles
Maintaining proper oral hygiene
Supplementing the diet with foods XXXXXXX in vitamins A, B complex, and C and iron
Employing a dental surgeon to round off sharp teeth.

You must know that moderate to severe oral sub mucous fibrosis is irreversible,so make sure that you never eat pan masala again.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck