Ask a Urologist   »  

Have tight and cracked foreskin with red spot on penis head. No relief from quadiderm. Permanent solution?

Jun 2013
Hi, I have this problem where the foreskin has become so tight that I cant pull it over the head and If I do it gets cracked and little blood can be seen. Also there are red spots visible on the head. Earlier I use to apply Quadiderm directly under the foreskin and in a couple of days it used to subside. But now it is also not working. Please suggest a permanent solution but not circumcision. I am really worried. Please help me with prescription drugs available in India. I am having this problem on a regular basis since the past one year
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 37 minutes later
Hi there ~

You have a surgical problem called Phimosis and it can be surgically treated by circumcision i.e. having your foreskin removed by a surgical procedure. The spots on the head of the penis might be due to excessive irritation with not being able to pull your skin back.

Please let me know why you would not want a circumcision as this would greatly benefit your condition.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Follow-up: Have tight and cracked foreskin with red spot on penis head. No relief from quadiderm. Permanent solution? 4 hours later
Hi Doctor,
I am not looking for a circumcision as I am not very comfortable with the thought of surgery.

Is there any medicine and ointment that can help in my condition. Seriously Doctor, I do not want to go in for surgery.

Please......Please tell me the medicines and ointment. Might go for surgery some time later.

Looking for a prompt and positive response.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 3 minutes later

I understand your concern. But, the most positive response to your condition will be when you have your surgery as it will help with your future sex life as well. And believe me, the sooner you get the operation done for circumcision the better as it will also stop being a source of infection as well.

However, if you do not want to have the surgery, please keep the area clean and also use generous amounts of antibiotic ointments and clean the inside of the prepuce as well as you can. I hope this helps. I also hope you change your mind as soon as you can for a procedure that will change your life drastically. You can consult an urologist for examining you and finding out whether ointments will be sufficient for the condition.

Hope that clarifies.

Take care and have a lovely day !