Have thyroid and BP problem. Suffering from constipation. How to solve this problem?

Dear sir
I am suffering constipation for last 10 years .some times it converts in piles also. medicenes works but when I leave medicene I got same problem.when I go to toilet my first part of stool is very hard.
I have thoyroid and bp problem . I take for thoyroid altroxin 100 mg and for bp nusar .25 for last 5 years. my height is 6 feet and weight is 104 kg .
please solve my problem I will be thankful to you.
my thoyroid test of t3 t4 and tsh is in control.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
In general,change in your lifestyle and diet can help in relieving your symptoms.
But the fact is that ,it takes a longtime and real effort.
Adopt the following....
A high fibre diet having plenty of green salads,green vegetables,fresh fruits,whole grains and less of foods having less fibre like meat and processed foods.
Plenty of water to drink
Regular exercises for 45 minutes a day
Take time for your bowel movements and dont be in hurry.
Laxatives should be avoided as they are habit forming and cause rebound constipation.
You can take fibre supplements like ISABGOL HUSK or FYBOGEL powder twice a day with plenty of water.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck