Have thyroid and BP. Look sunburned, have big red splotches, and are warm to the touch. Advise?

Hi, my name is XXXXXXX I am having a problem that I call hot spots. I have been having them for 3years now. I have been to many specialist and no one has a clue. I look very sunburned, have big red splotches, and are warm to the touch. I have been not been outside at all. It is beginning to make me very irritable and frustrated. Have you ever heard of such a thing?
I also had a thyroid storm last year, during the first of August. I went to a specialist and she upped my tapazole and blood pressure meds and these hot spots we gone until December. I was told I was (graves was active until September)hypothyroid...don't know if this helps or not. B12, vet d, and calcium are all normal. Hope this helps.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

Hyperthyroidism (Grave's disease) per se causes warm skin, increased circulation to skin and redness which can mimick your hot spots.

I did not understand some of the short forms you have used like MS, SINCE 1999,
Did you undergo thyroidectomy 21 days back ?
Was it total/subtotal/partial thyroidectomy?
Are you still on tapazole ?
What are the BP medications you are taking ?
What is high bs ?

Are you having regular menstrual cycles ?
Menopause can cause hot flushes.

Methimazole can cause lupus like syndrome where you may see a butterfly rash over cheeks.

Even a skin condition called Rosacea can cause red rash over mainly face.

Is this red rash itchy ?

Kindly give me the details asked above.

Waiting to hear from you,