Have throat soreness and burning, mouth burning, white dots inside cheek, chest heaviness, difficulty breathing, chest pain, weight loss

Dear Doctor,

I am a male 32 years old. I have smoking and alcohol habit since last 10 years . Also I have acidity problem. A month back I visited Indian Cancer Society (Cancer detection centre) for cancer screening. They Have done Chest X XXXXXXX Collected 3 to 4 drops of blood sample on glass slide for some kind of test and physical examination by ENT in month. All the reports are normal. However I have a feeling that ENT has not examined not thoroughly as he was in very hurry.

I have following symptoms till now.
1)     Soreness with burning sensation in Throat for more than one years.
2)     Mild burning sensation in mouth
3)     Group of white coloured dots on my cheek from inside.
4)     Heaviness in Chest.
5)     Breathing discomfort
6)     Very mild pain feeling on chest.
7)     I am started losing weight in last on year.
8)     Feeling weak

I am scared about Lung/Oral/Throat cancer. Tell me the possible consequence. Also Please tell me what all test needs to be done considering above screening test and symptoms. To whom should I consult on all above matters. Oncologist? Dentist? Chest specialist? Or ENT?.

I wants to be double sure. What all test needs to be done, to whom should I consult and what will the approximate expenses for the test you are going to suggest. Also give some reference of specialist to consult on above matters.

Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. It is good that you are now concerned about your health. You should stop smoking and taking alcohol right away.

I also feel that you should have more thorough assessment given the symptoms mentioned. First and foremost, a good clinical examination. This includes ENT examination. Then may be some more blood tests and a screening chest CT scan and/or upper GI endoscopy.

I see that you are located in Mumbai ( as per IP address). Hence the best place will be Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai (Preventive Oncology clinic). Cost will also not be much there (within Rs 0000 max).

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.
Follow-up: Have throat soreness and burning, mouth burning, white dots inside cheek, chest heaviness, difficulty breathing, chest pain, weight loss 31 minutes later
thank you very much for your reply. To begin with I will XXXXXXX the ENT first. Also Just wanted to know whether can ENT detect oral cancer by physical examination?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Ok fine. They can suspect which can then be confirmed by biopsy.