Have throat irritation, hoarse voice and noticed red spots on tongue. What could this be?

Two days ago my throat started hurting almost like a raw burning feeling. Today I woke up and still have throat irritation and my voice has been hoarse all day. I have had a cough and just threw up a little but ago. Now I just noticed a red blotchy spot on my tongue. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

From the information it appears to be simple sore throat with some congestion. You need not to worry much. Most of the time it is caused by viruses and will be self limiting, you should be fine within week or so. I advice you only symptomatic treatment. I advice you to do salt water gargling three to four times a day. You can try over the counter cough formulation for cough.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.