Have throat infection, fever. Taken Crocin and Paracetamol. Feeling cold

I am having throat infection since yesterday and because of it had high fever. I took a crocin yesterday afternoon and paracetamol 650 in the night. The fever went away until today afternoon but has now started to come back again. I am also feeling cold.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Based on your symptoms, I think that it might be due to viral or bacterial infection. If it is viral, the symptoms should subside in couple of more days. I suggest you to do steam inhalation twice a day and warm salt water gargling 3 times a day. If there is increasing fever, then bacterial infection needs to be ruled out with investigations like throat swab etc and antibiotics need to be started.

To give you antibiotics a physical examination is mandatory.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Have throat infection, fever. Taken Crocin and Paracetamol. Feeling cold 5 minutes later
thanks sir, I am doing Betadine gargle 2-3 times a day. I feel hungry but I am not able to eat anything as it hurts my throat. Can you suggest what should I eat?
Answered by Dr. Guru 7 minutes later

I am so sorry for your trouble. You can eat any soft diet. Hot soups (Tomato, Chicken whichever you like) will be good. Take nicely mashed curd rice.

Wish you good health.