Have throat infection and headache. What medicine should I take?

General Surgeon
Hi sir I have throat infection (Soar throat) and headache past from 6days ,I have was taking tab Loveday 500mg at night for 5 days, it had become less but today throat infection and headache is high and feeling like fever
Pls tell me which tab to take my age is 34 yrs
Posted Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Throat infections are mostly caused by viruses. That is why, antibiotics treatment is not the best idea as antibiotics are effective only for bacterial infections (I assume that Loveday is Ciprofloxacine antibiotic? - correct me if I`m wrong).
First of all you need to have your throat checked (if it is red and swollen with whitish adenoids), lymph nodes around your head and neck (if are enlarged or not). How high is your fever?
If the fever is high, lymph nodes are enlarged and adenoids swollen and whitish, than antibiotics is necessary. The best for such infections is Amoxiciline with Clavulanic acid (875mg+125 mg twice a day during 7 days).
If you have also cough, and it is productive, you should get some Bromhexine syrup.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.