Have throat infection. Started pain and unable to speak. Suggest some medication

I have a throat infection and am not able to spek for the last 2 days . Today , i developed slight pain . Can you pl suggest some medicines. Thanks
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The best remedy to alleviate the symptoms due to throat infection is by gargling antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE.

Gargle with the solution thrice daily after food. Make sure solution is well smeared to the site affected. This will fight against the infection and provide you relief.

Below are some remedies to follow:
1) Consume warm and non oily foods as they may aggravate the infection.
2) Ginger is very beneficial. Drinking ginger tea can help the throat and give a soothing effect.
3) Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can be added to warm milk and drink this before sleeping. It relieves the throat and gives soothing effect.
4) Honey and little ginger juice mixed helps and soothes the throat. 1 tablespoon can be taken regularly.

Hope I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns.