Have three types of epilepsy. On vimpat 150 mg. Will this medicine helps to cure completely?

i have three types of epilepsy and i'm only on 150mg of vimpat twice a day and i'm still XXXXXXX 3 or 2 large fits a week with minor ones inbetween with the odd absent fit. does vimpat cover all my epilepsy needs
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Lacosamide is good for partial epilepsy and is used mainly as a add-on. Its use as a single drug may not be that effective. Its use in other types which you have is also not good enough. I suggest you to go in for fresh evaluation and be treated with conventional old and new drugs e.g. lamotrigine, topiramate, valproate etc. Your doctor will be able to help you in this aspect.
Hope that helps. Let me know if I can address any more questions.
Dr. Pratap