Have the implanon. Cramps and stomach aches. Getting dizzy and thirsty. Why do I have shortness of breath?

hi Im a 21 yr old girl I have the implanon and I been having cramps and stomach aches i get alot dizzy and i get more thirsty than hungry I need answers and fast and I also feel like I have sort of breath
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The mild cramps and stomach aches with an implanon in situ might be suggestive a mild pelvic inflammation. Feeling thirsty and dizziness might be associated with the pelvic inflammation or may be due to other causes like anemia or electrolyte imbalance.
Your symptoms do need a detailed evaluation with the help of investigations like blood tests and abdominal ultrasound scan.
I encourage you to consult your gynecologist for a physical examination and necessary investigations so that treatment can be initiated early.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.