Have testicular pain after ejaculation. Normal?

Jul 2016

Is it normal to have testicular pain after ejaculation?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have testicular pain after ejaculation.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any other symptoms like fever.burning urination apart from pain.?
2) Do you get testicular pain even otherwise in normal condition?
3) Have you noticed swelling or lump in testis on self palpation.

Normally there is little pain and discomfort in testicles after ejaculation due to pulling up of testis during ejaculation and congestion of the testicles during arousal but it subsides within few minutes after climax.

If the pain is just little discomfort do not worry about it and may take pain killers like Brufen 400mg twice daily.

If you have severe pain you need to consult qualified urologist for clinical examination to rule out any pathology.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Follow-up: Have testicular pain after ejaculation. Normal? 2 hours later
No I do not get pain any other time, it only happens after ejaculation and it isn't even immediately after. It starts about an hour or two after and it can get pretty painful, lasting a few hours or so. Seems to be even worse when I stand. Other than that there are no other issues, no lumps, burning or anything like that.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for follow up.
Pain in testicles one hour after ejaculation may be due to Prostatitis.

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get get following basic tests done to come to conclusion.
1) Routine Urine test and Culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen. and scanning with rectal probe to rule out Prostatitis.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime twice daily for 3 weeks along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .
This is likely to get resolved within a month.
Thanks and Regards.