Have terrible morning cough/hack and spit. Used inhalers and also neutralizer. COPD?

May I ask about how much is a vibrating vest for COPD.
I have a terrible morning cough/hack and spit.

I have had this condition for 10 years now. I had a bad flare up in 2005
but none since. I take many inhalers along with a nebulizer. I need something to help me to expectorate in the AM. I would like to know the cost, (about) of the COPD vest.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 50 minutes later

Vibrating vest also known as high frequency chest wall oscillator is an expensive tool which can drain you off as much as $0000. If I were you, I wouldn't opt for this expensive machine unless my insurance offers it. You can discuss with your treating doctor to write to your insurance agencies about the severity of your condition and the need for vibrating vest.

In the interim you can try other air way clearance such as
1. Mucolytic expectorants such as bromhexine or guiafenasine.
2. Manual physiotherapy - patting the chest wall in a propped up posture.
Both these are equally good as vibrating vest to bring out mucous plugs.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.