Have tension, inability to relax. Low energy, fidgeting

I find I am very tense, fidgety, unable to really relax. I read a lot, but am not relaxing even then. I am 85, in good health, and would like to be able to take life easy. I have no real worries, am financially secure, but lack friends. No transportation keeps me from having access to any clubs or gatherings, the closest large town is 15 km away. I am hoping to be able to begin walking when the weather (snow right now) improves. I find I do not have very much lasting energy.. I live alone.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 45 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. The social interaction that you mentioned is really important. You may also have some internet friends in the forums you are interested. Apart from that, having a pet really helps for a better feeling.
If you feel a little lack of energy, you may also tell the doctor to assess you for anemia, low thyroid function and also sleep apnea which are very common at your age.
Doing a volunteering activity close to the place you live can play a great role for your health as well.
Please let me know if you have any other question or if you are interested to talk more about the aforementioned issues.
I wish you a good XXXXXXX