Have tender, multiple, increasing nodules along bottom of rib cage. What could be the reason?

Hi i have lots of nodules along bottom of my rib cage more on left side tenderness at site of them to. ive had them a while but seem to be increasing in number.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Multiple nodules along the bottom of the rib cage can be due to-
• Skin cysts
• Dermatofibromas
• Epidermoid cysts
• Folliculitis
• Keratoacanthoma
Keratosis pilaris
• Lipomas
• Neurofibromas.
A direct examination and FNAC will help in exact diagnosis. Since the lumps are painful and are gradually increasing in number, they do need attention and must be investigated to find out the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.