Ask a Dentist   »  

Have teeth pulled . Have swelling. Painless. What could this be?

Excellent
Question
I have teeth pulled out in the right side od my mouth and when I stick my tingue out far enough a buldge pops out about the size of a grape and a half. What could this be? Its painless and dark purpse. The muscles under my tongue? I have. Few pictures
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be granulation tissue

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

The lump that you are experiencing could be a granulation tissue.As you have mentioned in history it is painless therefore it appears there is no infection.

To be more sure of my diagnosis i would like to see few pics. You have a feature to upload the images on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

Awaiting your response.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Have teeth pulled . Have swelling. Painless. What could this be? 19 minutes later
Thanks so much for your time. I uploaded a jpg in my reports. Please let me know id you have access to it.

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the images again...

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry I did not find the attached image here. Can you upload the images again using the site's uploader. Alternatively you can mail the reports to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn: Dr. Anshumala Singh

Thanks and Take care

Follow-up: Have teeth pulled . Have swelling. Painless. What could this be? 6 hours later
i will try both, thank you.

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your Welcome,

Detailed Answer:
Hello & Welcome,

Thank you & Let me know for further query.

Follow-up: Have teeth pulled . Have swelling. Painless. What could this be? 2 hours later
I believe the pictures went through on both ends. Does it help your diagnosis at all?

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggested tissue excision and artificial denture.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for the attached image.

Now it is very much clear from the image that the lump is nothing but an extra tissue growth.It is a common phenomenon seen in many cases after teeth removal.

For this as a solution, I would suggest you two things.

1.As you have mentioned the lump is painless then you can simply ignore it but if the size increases and causes discomfort in the form of continuous irritation,then you can visit your dentist and get it excised by simple surgical procedure.It is my observation in my practice, that this type of tissue growth regress with time.

2.The second best option is please get the missing teeth replaced by artificial teeth.so that such tissue overgrowth can be avoided.Also it will enhance better mastication(chewing)as well as esthetics.

Hope I have given you detail solution.If any doubts please let me know.

Thanks.