Have taken semen analysis test. Findings?

Hi Doctor,
I have taken semen analysis test and below are the results
sperm conc(millions/ml) is 86 mill/ml
sperm motility total progressive for 1hr is 30% and 2 hrs is 12%
non progressive for 1hr is 07% and 2 hrs is 02%
Immotile for 1 hr is 63% and 2 hr is 86%
total motility (progressive + non progressive for 1 hr is 37% and 2 hr is 14%

Rapid progressive 2%
slow progressive 28%

morphology assessment

normal forms 03%
overall defects 97%

Head defects 62%
mid piece and neck defects 18%
tail defects 10%
multiple defects 07%

final impression is "ASTHENOTERTOZOOSPERMIA"

Could you please tell me the issues here for me and whether any remedies are there
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. U. Gauthamadas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a specialist

Detailed Answer:
ASTHENO TERTO ZOOSPERMIA means lazy, deformed, sperm production, It may be due to many causes.

Infection- Using antibiotics to treat an infected part of the reproductive system.

Immune system problem: Steroids may be used to treat infertility due to an immune system problem.

Damage to sperms by reactive oxygenation: There are methods such as taking antioxidants to decrease damage to sperm caused by reactive oxygen species.

Blood vessel problem - Varicocele: A percutaneous embolization is a procedure to treat varicocele. It stops the flow of blood to treat a varicocele. In extreme cases, surgery can also remove a varicocele.

As a last resort sperm extraction can be used to remove the testicles or epididymis. Whatever sperm is taken out can be saved and used to fertilize a woman's egg.

Please consult an XXXXXXX