Have taken propecia. Started taking generic version and facing erectile dysfunction. Any thoughts?

Jul 2016

propecia and generic propeciaI'm 33, 5 11, 190 lbs, and work out daily. I've taken propecia for about 4 yrs. 3 wks ago it was switched to a generic version. I just don't seem to have the drive, or the ability to keep it up, as I used to. any thoughts or suggestions? is it the propecia or in my head?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Propecia for baldness. This drug contains ( Fenesteride) 5 alpha reductase inhibitor that prevents formation of active Testosterone and thus reduces the testosterone level in the blood.
This low level of testosterone causes decreased libido, erectile dysfunction and other sexual disorders.
Once you stop this medication, you are likely to recover from these problems. Please consult your treating physician before you take any decision to discontinue these medications.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.