Have t2 diabetes mellitus. Feeling restless in feet and eyes after taking zemer p2. Side effects?

Question
sir,
I am 31 year old and newly diagnosis t2 diabetes mellitus on 11-10-2012. Reports are as
Ff glucose level-248
Ff glucose level-311
Triglyceride level-176
Cholesterol level- 271
Bp- 89/138

my doctore precibed me zemer p2 medicine.
after taking this i felling restless in my feets as well as my eyes.
please tell me side effect of this medicine for long time.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query to us.

Can you reconfirm the name of the tablet?

I think you might be taking T. Gemer P2. It is a combination of Glimepiride-Pioglitazone-Metformin used in treatment of type 2 diabetes. Some serious adverse effects of Glimepiride-Pioglitazone-Metformin includes numbness or tingly feeling in hands and toes, jaundice or dark urine, stomach pain, nausea, loss of appetite , symptoms of decreased blood sugar levels giving rise to sweating, giddiness, change in behavior increased irritability, confusion. Symptoms, which you had mentioned, could be due to the medicines, which your doctor has prescribed.

Kindly consult your treating doctor who will assess you, recheck your blood sugar again & decrease the dose of medicine. Do not worry these symptoms usually disappear after decreasing the dose of medicines.

Along with medicine, you should also strictly follow a diabetic diet & regular exercise. This will help you to keep diabetes in control.

I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further question, I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Have t2 diabetes mellitus. Feeling restless in feet and eyes after taking zemer p2. Side effects? 1 hour later
i am taking T. Gemer P2 medicine.
my homoepathy doctor told me that this type of diebities may be curable. is it is true ? and can i eat sweets after control my blood sugar?

is i need any anothor medicine to reduce my Triglyceride & Cholesterol t this stage?
my doctor told me that they will come normal after controlling sugar.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 41 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, diabetes is curable. If the blood sugar levels are kept under control than you can keep your diabetes under control. You need to continue your diabetes medicine along with diet & daily exercise. Try to be physically active. By doing this gradually dose of medicines can be reduced.

Your query about Eating sweets - you cannot enjoy the sweets, which you are presently eating. After your blood sugar, come back to normal range you can include sweets made with sugar substitute. You can also compensate by exercising to maintain blood sugar in normal range. There is no need to worry. The main aim should be to keep blood sugar within normal range. You can eat a small portion of sweet when blood sugars are normal occasionally.

Your query about reducing cholesterol & triglycerides -Yes your doctor rightly said that after sugar levels come to normal, cholesterol level would also come to normal.
If you strictly follow diabetic diet & exercise that, it can bring down your cholesterol.
Try to decrease fried food items.
Try to include following food items in your diet- salads, walnuts, curry leaves, garlic, and flaxseeds in your diet. They are XXXXXXX in Omega 3 fatty acids, which will help to decrease your cholesterol levels.
Recheck your cholesterol after 3 months, if still levels are high than medicines need to be started.

I hope I have answered your query. Take care.