Have systemic lupus erythematosu. Can I take hcqs before food?

Excellent

Question
Can I take hcqs before food ? I am having sle for the past 7 years ? I take two hcqs everyday and wysolone 5mg . I am unable to sleep in the night. Kindly
Help me.I am 37 years old. Any sleeping dosevwill help me.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 40 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query here.

You are having (SLE) autoimmune disease.

It is better to take HCQS (Hydroxy chloroquine Sulfate) after food because it reduces stomach upset. Because, you are taking wysolone (Steroid), which can add to stomach upset.

We need to know if there is any cause like pain or anxiety for Insomnia (Inability to sleep), so that cause can be treated. Mild sedatives like alprazolam/Etizolam can be given to you for short period.
You can do so after consulting Physician as you are on Aspirin.

Hope this information is useful to you,
I will be available for your any follow up query.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Have systemic lupus erythematosu. Can I take hcqs before food? 2 hours later
I am taking asomex 5 mg two tablets and one lorvas 2.5 mg daily. I have headache always . Dr triedvwith sensival it didn't work. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 34 minutes later

Thanks for your input.

You are taking Asomex and Lorvas; I presume that your Blood pressure is well controlled.
Please restrict your salt intake and monitor your Blood pressure periodically.

Long term corticosteroid may contribute for high BP but steroid is essential for your SLE (depressant and pain modulator drugs, which can be tried and will work for you which will relieve your sufferings.

Hope I have addressed all your concerns, if you have any doubt, I will be available for clarification.

Regards.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Have systemic lupus erythematosu. Can I take hcqs before food? 12 hours later
Thanks doctor. I am satisfied with your advice

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 43 minutes later
You are welcome.

I am glad to know that, you are satisfied with my answer.

Please rate may answer with good review, before closing this discussion.

With Best Regards.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.