Have symptoms of sun stroke ankles, shoulders, hip and neck aches. Suggest?

symptions of sun stroke Iam 82, my ankles, shoukders, hip and neck aches. My tepm is just a tad under 101
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read it with diligence.

Yes, sunstroke is XXXXXXX You seem to be having it. Temperature of 101 is still fine; it is not alarming though.

What you should do now?

- Give yourself tepid sponging with cold water. Repeat it every hour until the temperature returns to normal.

- Drink plenty of fluids orally, to get rid of the excess heat.

- For the pain in ankles, shoulders, hip and neck, consider taking a tablet of Motrin or Acetamiophen like Panadol.

-Rest a while.

You must recover quickly. If you notice any alarming signs like mental clouding, disorientation, and blurred vision, rush to the ER (Emergency Room) immediately.

Get well soon.