Have swollen vein ligament in armpit. No pain but pulls with lifting. Had swollen lymph nodes with pus

I have a swollen vein ligament or tendon in armpit. Does not really hurt just feels like its pulling when lifting my arm. I had some swollen lymph nodes that were painful and had pus in them but they have gone done then this appeared. I am on antibiotics now but this was not there when I went to the doctor.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
The swollen vein and lymphnodes in armpit indicate local soft tissue infection and associated inflammation.
Antibiotics and rest are the mainstay of treatment.
Avoid moving the limb and keep the local site dry.
Get examined by a local physician, if there is local pus collection the it must be drained under local anesthesia, I think you will need to continue antibiotics till the pain and swelling reasonably reduces.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.