Have swollen testicle and getting abdominal pain. What is the disease called?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon

My 16 year old son has a testicle which has swollen 5/6 times more than his other, the last 10 days its started to give him dull intermitent aches in his left side abdomen, he has had this swelling for now 7 weeks, i was only told today
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 14 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Firstly I suggest you to visit doctor because this isnt normal finding.
But good thing is that this is probably condition called hydrocele and it means that there is a fluid accumulation in his testicles. This is nothing serious,it can recover without treatment but also needle aspiration or surgical procedure can be done. You or him should try to feel is it hard,soft or liquid.Hydroceles are soft or liquid. Varicocele is alike hydrocele but you would see distended veins. Also if this is painful and there is redness in testical skin it tells us that there is possible infection. I wont mention some more serious diagnosis such as torsion or cancer because it is less possible, BUT isnt impossible. So please visit urologist and rule out something serious.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help