Ask a Urologist   »  

Have swollen scrotum, painful small lump. Diagnosed with abcess and varicocelle. Advised hyfen and linezoid

I have swollen scrotum since last 2 days.At the base of the scrotum inside, there is a small lump which is slightly painful if is not visible outside.if not touched there is no other symptoms.
Got an ultrasound done and it says there is an abcess at the base of scrotum.also there is varicocelle.
I went to 2 diff reputed docs who gave 2 diff opinions.
1st doc. opinion
the abcess needs to be aspirated or to be removed by surgery.he preferred aspiration.
2nd doc. opinion.
pus is hard so cannot be be treated by medication.he has advised hyfen cv 200,linezolid 600,xymoheal D.
both ascertain that cause may be infection.
please advise which dcos opinion should i follow.
also please tell me if i could pursue walking,running,mild excercises,
any precautions to be taken.

Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 33 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
It is better to opine only by examining you.
Since that is not possible, i have to assess only from a remote place.
It is not wrong to aspirate and see if there is something in the liquid form is present, in which case it can be drained by a small incision and you get instant cure.
But, it can also be done after a course of antibiotics.
So take antibiotics for a few days and drain later if necessary.
You can be normal and perform exercises if you are comfortable.
Best regards