Have swollen palatoglossal arch and uvula. Suggest

ENT Specialist
I have a swollen palatoglossal arch on the left side and perhaps a bit of swelling in the uvula as well, but no pain. The only symptom is that when I swallow, it feels as though I've swallowing my uvula. I'm a 57 year old male, no history of smoking.

Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 29 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. If you can upload a close-up image, it will help to identify the swelling. Otherwise it is better to get your throat examined by a local doctor.

2. Allergy, a foreign body, irritant chemicals, infections (sometimes fungal), minor salivary gland swellings, lymphoid tissue inflammation, acid reflux, post nasal drip, snoring among other causes may lead to such swellings.

3. You need to start an anti-allergic medication and a medicated mouthwash.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Have swollen palatoglossal arch and uvula. Suggest 29 minutes later
I'm unsure how to upload an image here. An email address would help...

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 53 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

You may upload the picture in the upload your reports option on the query page.