Have swollen lymph nodes, not painful, fatigue, chest pain. Advice?

Since last December, I have swollen lymph nodes submandibular, axilla and inguinal-- not extremely large but palpable and non painful. Fatigued, some chest pains off and on, especially days I have worked out, sweats- night and day-drenching, post-menopausal (these sweats are worse than my hot flashes). Sed rate went from 14- to 29 back to 19. XXXXXXX 1:60 speckled. negative RA, Been on two doses of antibiotics. On no meds
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Overall, I feel that your symptoms are not very alarming. Most of the tests are within normal limits. Normal lymph nodes are present in every individual and are palpable in many. Unless those are very large or associated with weight loss, fever, etc, nothing needs to be done. In you also, I think these are physiological.

However, drenching sweats need evaluation and quite rightly your physician has got that done. As these are normal I don't suspect any lymphoma. But still, if there is suspicion, then fine needle aspiration (FNA) of the nodes may be done to completely rule out lymphoma.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best wishes.