Have swollen lymph node under ear. Had chest pressure and felt heart squeezing. What to do?

A week ago I woke up with a swollen node right under my ear about 3 hours later I had chest pressure like someone was sitting on me only lasted about a minute or less. A week later I feel like my heart is being squeezed lightly but still bothersome. It does feel better with activity and worse if I'm still. Please help and tell me what I should be doing. I have no insurance.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Non lifethreatening. Detailed Answer: Hi, I would not relate the pain with heart disease. The heart pain/ arising from the heart (most important organ) would have a pain over 15 minutes and would increase with activity. The issue is over a week and did not increase in intensity or the duration. You complain the opposite, so I believe it may not be heart. So there is no life threatening issue here. The swollen node may not be related to pain. I wish to confirm if you have recorded temperature. Do you have malaise or cough? Do you have sore throat or dental issues? Now I would follow up with this patient by giving a low dose pain reliever like ADVIL/ MOTRIN 200 mg twice a day after meal for two days. Most often such problems resolve on their own with rest. You can take over the counter antacid Mylanta and try it. If the issues continue to bother a preliminary check up with a local doctor helps. They give you huge cash discounts if you do not have insurance. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Have swollen lymph node under ear. Had chest pressure and felt heart squeezing. What to do? 5 hours later
when I sleep at night and wake up its gone but it keeps coming back after about 10 min of being awake. no sore throat no fever. no dizziness no cough. if I went to get an EKG how much do they generally cost? I am worried I have 2small children I am nursing my 8 month old. weirdly it is less squeezing if I hold my breath for 2 sec
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Check with antacid and then doctor Detailed Answer: Hi EKG costs you $120 to 150. It is not cost effective to start. Instead my opinion is to put your money on doctor's consult before EKG. I am sure you can get it for $70 to 100 if you bargain at the doctor's office. Take antacid thrice today after meal and this night as well like Mylanta or Pepcid. Check if it relieves you before you knock the door. If you are breast feeding mother the reasons are still clear to try out the pain killer and mylanta together today and visit the doctor tomorrow.