Have swollen lymph node on neck and jaw pain. How to treat this problem?

Jaw Pain and Swollen Lymph NodeHi, my name is XXXXXXX i have a question about some swelling of the lymph nodes of my neck. i dont recall being able to feel one of the lmyph nodes on my neck, but for the past month or two ive been able to feel it. its not painful, not growing in size. its a little bit smaller than a pea. But a few days ago, i hurt my jaw while eating. im not sure if i strained a muscle, but the part of my jaw that connects to my ear is very tender, but i woke up today and the lymph node on the left side of my neck has become swollen and tender to the touch, and my neck is a bit stiff. is there anysight you can give me about this? im an excessive worrier and it has me worried about my health.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the question,
lymph nodes less than 1cm in size are usually not problematic. In this case, the original size of the lymph node like a pea was all but normal.
If the lymph nodes swollen and tender,it implies there is an inflammatory process going on.In this cause, an inflammation caused by a post traumatic infection must be excluded. depending on the number of lymph nodes affected and the clinical appreciation of your family physician, appropriate drugs shall be prescribed. Simple analgesics and a broad spectrum antibiotic should be sufficient in this case for about a week.
I would suggest you visit your family physician fora clinical appreciation and prescription of appropriate drugs.I humbly feel its no issue to be worried, with an analgesic and the broad spectrum antibiotic, depending on the physical examination, the course of your illness should be uneventful.
Hope this helps as I wish you just the best of health,
Best regards, Do not hesitate asking further questions if necessary, will be honored giving answers.