Have swollen lymph node on back of head with swollen finger and sore throat. Required treatment?

Oncologist, Radiation
My lympnodes at that crown of my head, back of my head and upper back have swelled. The swelling on them has gone down but now my right lower ring finger is swollen. I take percocets, could percocets cause this? My throat is also starting to get a little sore as well.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 1 hour later

Your complaint is sore throat associated with previous lymph node swelling.

Lymph node swelling secondary to infection is common. Anyway there may be some other causes. Lymph node swelling should be carefully examined by experienced doctors. Specially the draining areas of respective lymph node region should be examined and any sort of infection to be ruled out.

Treatment differs depending on nature of infection. All the other lymph nodal region should also be carefully examined.If any history of persistent fever, weight loss night sweat are there you should inform your doctor immediately.

Percocets are oral formulation containing paracetamol and oxycodon (opioid). This medication is used as analgesic. If you have strong history of alcohol intake better to avoid this drug because paracetamol is toxic to liver.

Common side effects are-
feeling light-headed, fainting, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, problems with urination,nausea, upper stomach pain.

Other serious side effects are-
shallow breathing slow heart rate, seizure (convulsions), yellowish urine, but they are very uncommon at usual doses.

Swelling of of ring finger is not related to that medication,this is to be examined clinically. Please consult your physician.

Hope this answers your query. Keep me posted for follow up.