Have swollen lymph node in neck and groin area, lump on stomach. Node draining pus and blood

General Surgeon
I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, under my arms, my groin and I have a large lump on the right side of my stomach. The node in my right growing drains blood and pus. I am being tested for lupus but don't have any results yet. I'm felling really sick and don't know if I should go to the er or not.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,you have multiple lymph nodes.
Mutiple lymphnodes will be enlarged in neck,under arms and groin in many conditions.But,right sided swelling which is draining blood and pus may not be lymphnode as lymphnode is rare at this site.It can be infected sebaceous cyst.
Consult a Surgeon and get it diagnosed correctly.As it is draining pus,please take Antibiotic like Cefuroxime and anti inflammatory drug.Dressing should be applied.
Importantly,one lymphnode from neck or underarm or axilla should be removed and sent for histopahtological examination(Biopsy).It is preferable to take node from neck.This is very urgent and please do not neglect.
If you come back with the biopsy report,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery