Have swollen labia with itchy white bumps on it. Could this be a yeast infection?

Hello I am a married woman but I have two small white bumps on my inner labia that itch and also the lip is slightly swollen please tell me its a yeast infection and my hubby is not messing around, as I cant get to the doc until monday and today is friday
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

The small white bump with itching and soreness is likely to be due to a yeast infection or allergic dermatitis. It can also be related to rough sex causing a mild inflammation in the area.

The symptoms are not suggestive of STD. Most of the times such minor symptoms can be taken care of using a topical cotrimazole ointment and keeping the area dry.

In case the lesion is persistent or spreads then a direct examination is necessary for proper diagnosis.
Do get it examined by a gynaecologist and ascertain the cause to get treated.

Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have swollen labia with itchy white bumps on it. Could this be a yeast infection? 13 hours later
Thank you so much!!!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards