Have swollen hives on hip. Took clartin. have done allergy blood work

General Surgeon
Hello I had allergy blood work done and panel came back negatve due to i keep getting. Hives on my hip bones that r like welts and swollen lips etc. so i have been on clartin for a month got the stomac Virus so stopped clartin dor 2 days and now my hips are swollen with hives. Why does these keep happening
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Appears to be likely Tinea Versicolor Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXXXX I have gone through the pictures sent by you. From the pictures it appears to be Tinea Versicolor that is Fungal infection. Also if the lesion is associated with itching or irritation its more likely to be Tinea Versicolor. Taking skin scrapping and KOH mount will confirm the diagnosis. After confirmation treatment involves application of topical antifungal like Clotrimazole. I suggest you to see a Dermatologist who will be able to help you further. I hope i have answered your query. In case you have any other query, i request you to get back to me. Wishing you a healthy life. Take Care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: Have swollen hives on hip. Took clartin. have done allergy blood work 35 minutes later
Hi but it on my hips and last month my lip blew up several times. It usually goes away in a day. On both sides of hip .
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibly may be contact dermatitis Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Other possibility which one should think of is food allergy. It could also be contact dermatitis to particular type of fabric in clothing. I advise you to use cotton garments and wash them thoroughly in warm water after washing in detergent to remove the detergent residue. Wishing you a healthy life Take care Regards