Have swollen groin area and is sore with stiff leg. Suggest?

Question
Hi I have something swollen in my grion area and it is sore and masking my leg stiff.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 7 minutes later
pl provide details like gender age days since swelling pain redness discharge any rashes etc in private parts

Follow-up: Have swollen groin area and is sore with stiff leg. Suggest? 10 minutes later
There is no rash and I woke up like it this morning but my leg got stiffer though the day

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 21 minutes later
pl provide gender male female

Follow-up: Have swollen groin area and is sore with stiff leg. Suggest? 16 minutes later
I am female 46 years of age

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 minutes later
commonly groin swelling is because of infection in genital area . but with the description that you have provided it looks like some muscle spasm or some other local injury . try taking some pain reliever and ice pack locally if no relief it's better to see an orthopaedic specialist . you might need an X-ray .