Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have swollen face and burn scabs on scalp. Bleach reaction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
hello i had my roots bleached last nite and have a couple burn scabs on my scalp but also now my face has started swelling, is this sometimes a bleach reaction? thankyou
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance. I will try my best to answer all your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

Bleach can sometimes lead to a reaction, hence the burn scabs on your scalp. It's also possible that the face is swelling up due to that.

You need to take prompt treatment for that. I would recommend that you take an antihistaminic immediately so as to control the allergic reaction.

And also if possible go to the emergency room so that you can be administered a short course of oral steroids by the treating physician to stop the allergic reaction.

Also it would be best to avoid bleaching again for the next three months.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor