Have swollen face and burn scabs on scalp. Bleach reaction?

hello i had my roots bleached last nite and have a couple burn scabs on my scalp but also now my face has started swelling, is this sometimes a bleach reaction? thankyou
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 minutes later

I will be glad to be of assistance. I will try my best to answer all your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

Bleach can sometimes lead to a reaction, hence the burn scabs on your scalp. It's also possible that the face is swelling up due to that.

You need to take prompt treatment for that. I would recommend that you take an antihistaminic immediately so as to control the allergic reaction.

And also if possible go to the emergency room so that you can be administered a short course of oral steroids by the treating physician to stop the allergic reaction.

Also it would be best to avoid bleaching again for the next three months.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.