Have swollen eye lid. Painful while blinking and touching. Feel itchy. Cause?

hi doctor. i am asim's wife, 28yrs.. i hv got swollen lower eye lid since yesterday.. it is painful only when blinking and touching it.. but it is lil itchy and uncomfortable. please tell me wht it is.. attaching the pic.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello, It is stye or hordeolum internum

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic

From the photo which you have sent and from the symptoms of swelling and pain in the lower eye lid yesterday which are mentioned in the history,

This appears to be inflammatory swelling of the eye lid involving one of the glands of the eyelid and it is most probably stye or XXXXXXX hordeolum.

The condition requires treatment by oral antibiotics, oral antiinflammatory drugs and topical antibiotic eye ointment. Hot compression for the swelling with a clean cotton cloth dipped in hot water will provide symptomatic relief and help in early resolution of the swelling.
I advice you to take treatment under supervision of eye doctor which will help in finding out the cause or predisposing factors if any and thereby in preventing the recurrences.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you