Have swollen and purplish vein in head, temple and under eyebrow, pain in head and neck. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
A vein in my head and temple and under my eyebrow, on the left side, has become very swollen and purplish and is very painful. I've also been having pains on the left side of my head all week, and before that my left ear was aching. What to do? Also, I was accidentaly struck by a golf club in this same area about 2 years ago. Bruising and black eye but catscan indicated no problems. Could there be any connection? Thank you. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The injury you had in this area two years ago is not likely to be related to the pain and swollen vein now. Since there is an associated pain n the ear also, a middle ear infection can cause these symptoms.
You need to consult an ENT specialist for a proper examination and diagnosis.
Till then doing a hot fomentation and taking a mild pain killer like acetaminophen will help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.