Have swollen and pale hand, stiffness in neck, pain in shoulder. MRI done. What is causing this?

Neurologist, Surgical
My right hand is swollen and pale, and I have lost total dexterity in that hand over last three years. I cannot even write my name or hardly button my shirt. I cannot sleep on my right side at night due to pain in shoulder. I do have stiffness in neck and periodic pain in my shoulder as well as some pain down right arm. I have a chronic stiffness and minor aching down outside of thumb. MRI showed some degenerative disc and minor spurs in neck but not enough for symptoms according to dr. Have received injections in my neck and wrist at my persistence but no relief.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 16 hours later

Like your doctor, even I have the same opinion that your MRI findings are not enough to support your symptoms.

There is more possibility of chronic inflammation in hand/shoulder after a injury. It could be due to frozen shoulder also. Another possibility is autonomic disturbance after injury to hand. So, please recall if you had any injury to hand in the past.

It needs thorough clinical examination to comment exactly which is not available to me. I would suggest you to see a Rheumatologist or a Orthopedics specialist for more evaluation. They will be of more help.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.