Have swollen and crusty eyelid. Bathing several times with a mix of boris acid and hot water. What should be done?

i have a swollen eyelid crusty in am and hurts i just had the flu small bumps felt on lid bathing several times a day with a mix of boris acid and hot water.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

Eyelid swelling is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. A swollen eyelid is usually caused by an infection, a blockage that leads to an infection or an allergic reaction. Allergies, Blepharitis and conjunctivitis or eye infection may present with the symptom.

You sound like you just came down with a virus,responsible for flu and the eye pain and swelling is normal.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Meanwhile you can do is to splash cool water on your face and in your eyes. This can remove any particles that could be irritating your eyes. Also, avoid rubbing your eyes the best you can, this will only cause the swelling to worsen.

If you're suffering from allergies, you can either alleviate your swollen eyes by using oral antihistamines and decongestants, as well as eye drops that contain antihistamines and decongestants. If you're not suffering from allergies, you can apply either a warm washcloth over your eyes for a period of time, or a cold ice pack over your eyes for a period of time. Both ways reduce the swelling.

I advice you to go for over the counter antihistamine and decongestant eye drops. If the symptom persists more than 3 to 4days i advice you to see ophthalmologist for examination.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer