Have swelling, tingly feeling in head. Worried? What can this be?

Nov 2013

When I lie down in bed to sleep, I get a weird sensation in my head, like its swelling or something, very tingly. There is no pain, just awkardness trying to get to sleep. This only ever happens when I lie down, Sleeping propped up with pillows improves the feeling in my head. Is this something to be worried about? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 36 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

In most cases, there is no need to worry regarding these symptoms.
However, in a small group, there could be a lesion (cyst or tumor) in the region of pineal gland or third ventricle (colloid cyst) of brain, which can cause similar symptoms.
So, if these symptoms are recurring, I would recommend you to get an MRI scan of brain done to exclude the above-mentioned conditions.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: