Have swelling on upper gum. Occasionally looks infected. Have sinus problem. Are the two connected?

I have a small swelling on my upper gum. checked with denitst & had x-ray, but not abscess. swelling comes & goes but is not painful. Occasionally looks infected but then suddenly goes down. I do have problems with sinus i.e. cannot breathe through nose clearly and there is slight pressure in my sinus, but no pain. Are they connected?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ali Ismayilov 1 hour later
Hello and Welcome,

Based on the history you provided, your allergy threshold is quite low. The conditions you mentioned (eczema, hay fever, sinus problems) seem to be types of allergy.

The gum swelling you wrote about is most likely another type of allergy you experience.

I would advice you to see your general practitioner about this and ask him/her to prescribe an appropriate medication. Meanwhile, you may think of concurrent events (e.g. ingestion of certain food products, usage of certain perfumes, certain season of the year etc.) associated with this gum swelling. You may also temporarily use one of the medications that you have been prescribed for your sinus problems and hay fever.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

A. Ismayilov, MD