Have swelling on lymph node. Taking forecox for TB. Side effect?

Spine Surgeon
Hi Sir,
I have been diagnosed with TB. I am 31years male, 6 foot and 76kgs. My Doctor prescribed me with Forecox, 2 tablets in the morning half an hour before breakfast and Zincovit one tablet in the afternoon. For the first one month by mistake I used Fluka 150 instated of Forecox.
My lymph node at right side neck did swell and had to get operated. Realizing the mistake updating this to my doctor, I started using the right medicine for past one month.
Now I am suffering from all the side effects of Forecox except rashes and acne, muscle ache is too much that I am having Diclo-50 almost once or twice in a day which in turn creating acidity.
Kindly suggest me what can I do now? And what is the best way to come out of these problems asap?
Earliest response to my problem will be deeply appreciated.
Thank You in advance.

Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 27 minutes later
Thank you for sharing your problem with me here.

Side effects of TB drugs are commonly seen.

One way of coping with it is to stop all the drugs and restart them, one by one, to know which medicine is causing the side effect.

Once that drug is identified; doses are adjusted from lower dose to higher doses of that particular drug.

Please speak to your physician regarding this and I am sure you would come out of it with proper guidance.

Please make sure that you are on vitamin pyridoxine 40mg/day which is needed when you take TB drugs.

Please revert to me if you have further doubts.

Thank you