Have swelling on labia after unprotected sex. Is this something serious?

Mar 2013
Hi - I had unprotected sex three days ago and as a result my right labia feels swollen slightly and inflamed .... I can also see a small white gland at the top that wasn't noticeable before... I've not had any discharge or unusual odor... It doesn't hurt to urinate ... There was quite a bit if rough rubbing during contact and a lubricant I've not used before ... Any advice you could give would be appreciated
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
It appears as if you have had labial abrasion due to rough sex due to the first time.
It could also be due to allergy to the lubricant used
The small white gland could be an inflamed hair follicle, or a sebaceous cyst.
The possibility of a sexually transmitted disease appearing and manifesting immediately after 3 days, is very remote.
However, only an examination by a gynecologist can confirm the diagnosis.
For the time being, use soothing aloe vera gel for local application.
Also, avoid using nylon or allergic undergarments.
Avoid use of tampons, local vaginal cleansers, medicated or perfumed soaps and douches, lubricants, medicated condoms etc.
Avoid keeping private parts wet for too long.
Do not keep on bathing suits or damp garments on for too long.
Rule out any infection by consulting a gynecologist.

You can also use cold compresses for relief.
Also, protected sex is best for avoiding pregnancy as well as to avoid contracting STDs.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.